Friday, February 13, 2009

I'm a happy camper this week. Why? One of my favorite food vendors has moved to town: Blue Bell Ice Cream! I was first introduced to Blue Bell in 1978 when I moved to Houston; I really was not a sweets fan at that time but a few years later I became a Blue Bell "hoover". I quit smoking and just loved that cream. I realized I was in love when my car was in the shop and I had to walk for food; I probably walked a mile in that hot Texas heat just to get my favorite: Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla. I cannot forget this story because the store was out of vanilla and that's how I was introduced to their delicious strawberry. When I moved to Florida in 1990, there was a little black wreath hanging on my freezer door - it was a sad story: no Blue Bell.

If you have not tried Blue Bell, run, don't walk to your nearest grocery. I've been told several of our local supermarkets (Publix, Winn Dixie) carry my favorite vice: Homemade Vanilla. Just to
make sure you get the right thing, here's a photo of an old love.



Happy Valentines Day!
Rob

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home